Saturday, June 23, 2012

SharePoint Sucks – And Here’s Why...

What would you do when you see this message?

unexpected-error

A) Stay calm, try to copy the correlation ID, notice that you can’t copy it and still stay calm, write it down on a piece of paper and track it in the ULS logs

B) Open your browser, go to a search engine and type “SharePoint sucks” to let off steam

If you have chosen option B, you’ll probably encounter the funny blog series of Bjørn Furuknap. Give it a read, they are a bit outdated but there’s still a lot of truth in it.
Ow, btw, I didn’t search after “SharePoint sucks” – it was a colleague who mentioned the blog series. He has probably chosen for option B. Ok, to be honest, there are days that I hate SharePoint too. I have some sort of love/hate relationship with it.

Let me end this post with a funny quote of Bjørn Furuknap.
Over the past couple of weeks, I’ve said quite a lot of things about SharePoint that may lead you to think I hate SharePoint. I don’t. Quite the contrary, I love SharePoint. Yeah, it sucks, but so does my wife, and I’ve married her twice.

No comments: